Facebook 2018 - What's new and how it will change the way you get clients.
Get 5 Valuable Insights on Growing Your Business Through Facebook in 2018.
Est. Reading Time – 8 mins.
By Joseph Shields, Owner
There is a lot of hub-bub about the 2018 Facebook changes and I can understand why. Many businesses rely on Facebook as their primary Social Media tool and one of the main ways they reach out to potential customers online. So then here comes the big Zuckerberg memo:
And now no one is quite sure how their Social Media Marketing and Advertising is going to be effected. What does this mean to my website? My ad campaigns? My ability to reach customers organically?
Truth is that none of us are 100% sure but here are a few things that will almost certainly happen:
“There is a lot of hub-bub about the 2018 Facebook changes and I can understand why. Many businesses rely on Facebook as their primary Social Media tool and one of the main ways they reach out to potential customers online.”
1) Your business posts are going to reach fewer and fewer customers. Maybe 1-4% of the people who like/follow your Facebook page. 100 people following you? Maybe 1-4 of them will see your Facebook posts. So, goodbye organic reach. You just got a lot less effective. Facebook will say this is to prioritize real, human engagement that fosters genuine connection but the truth is probably more that they want to force us to spend more money on ads.
2) You still have to keep posting organic content. Why? Because people are still going to check out your page before purchasing your products and services. They use Facebook to vet your business so your page still has to look relevant and engaging. Also, those few people you do reach are still worth reaching. And, you can still drive traffic to your page with ads (if that’s how your sales funnel is set up) and you want them to come to something worth engaging with.
3) You’re going to need to use more ads and get better at creating them. Ads are still fairly cheap so get to it and start using them. Or, if you are already using them, learn how to create more finely targeted ads with better copy and clear calls to action that motivate potential customers to move through your sales funnels. If your ads aren’t working, it could be because you need to work on your ads. If you do not have these skills together, I would strongly suggest taking some Youtube classes on the subject or hiring someone who can handle the ads for you. I’ve heard a lot of business owners tell me that Facebook ads but, when we start getting deeper into the conversation, we find out there are a lot of tools they weren’t taking advantage of.
4) You’ll do well if you go deeper into Facebook Live and any form of Facebook video content. Video still gets priority and people love to engage with it. Video helps you beat the Facebook algorithm.
5) You’ll do well to double up on Instagram. Instagram is still showing your photos in their feeds and is being used by millions of the same people that are on Facebook. In fact, Facebook will help you find your FB connections on Instagram. So there! Use Instagram. And yes, it’s a whole new platform so again, you may want to get some help.
Hope that helps everyone! We’re here to help with your Social Media Marketing and Management challenges so call anytime. We’d be delighted to show you through some of these difficult challenges. You’re not alone and you’re not the only ones struggling with this so fret not. We’ll get through this people 🙂